Home inspector just completed the walk through and now homeowners insurance is also in the clear. Finally the day has arrived – closing day. After the long process, everything seems to be fall into place. On most occasions, closing process is very smooth, shake hands and you get to call your new place – home.
As the homebuyer, you have to be prepared to seal the deal at the closing table. Below are a few of the final steps that are commonly disregarded. Remember, being informed is your greatest advantage.
- Make sure to have ample time reserved for closing day. Recommended minimum time slot should be a few hours to half a day.
- Schedule a final walk through preferably 24 hrs before closing day. This is to ensure there isn’t any damage to the property, and to negotiate terms if anything changed from when the contract was signed.
- Make sure to have all the necessary documents with you at the closing table. Usually your lawyer can provide you a list of all the documents needed.
- It’s important you understand what the total cost of closing will be. There is really more to it then the purchase price and attorney fees. Your attorney can supply you with the breakdown cost.
- Bring your checkbook and congratulations on your new home!
Having a Pride home warranty can get you a covered home system repair or replacement hassle free. Call us for more information at 1855-774-3388 or GET A FREE QUOTE