A dishwasher is one of the hardest working appliance in your kitchen. With the possible exception of oven. The appliance should be routinely cleaned on a monthly basis. Common issues can be fixed pretty easily with the right tips. Here are some common dishwasher issues and what you can do to fix them. Try these tips before calling a technician.
- My dishwasher is leaving a white residue on my dishes?
- If dishwasher is leaving white residue on dishes, that can be easily fixed. One of the common reasons for this issue is that you may be using too much detergent. To fix that, try running the dishwasher with a lot of hot water to clean the interior chamber.
- You can also try running a cycle with white vinegar by itself.
- It is always recommended to use the proper amount of detergent when running your dishwasher. That amount can easily be found on the manual that came with your appliance.
2. Dishwasher is not cleaning the dishes?
- It is common also due to user error. Before putting in dishes, make sure that the used food is completely rinsed off.
- Sometimes that is due to a clogged coarse filter inlet screen. Ensure that your filter is clear of any debris.
- Check your inlet valve. It may be faulty because the screen is dirty. Ensure that your valve is working and your filter clear.
- If that doesn’t fix the issue, your spray arms may be clogged. These spin arms spray pressurized water to clean the dishes. If they are clogged or full of water deposits, try soaking them in white vinegar.
My Dishwasher won’t start ?
- Make sure that there is power getting to the dishwasher. You can check if it is plugged in, or if it’s hardwired, make sure the breaker is on.
- Check if there isn’t any objects preventing the dishwasher door from closing. Sometimes if the door latch doesn’t sense the door closed, it won’t turn on for safety purposes.
My dishwasher is not draining?
- Most of the time, that is due to a clogged drain filter. Check above steps on how to fix that.
- Sometimes that can be due to a defective garbage disposal.
- If your kitchen sink is backed up, that may be the reason your dishwasher is not draining. You may need to call a plumber to have the line cleared.
My dishwater is leaking water?
- Make sure the door seals properly and is fully closed when using the dishwasher.
- If the rubber door gasket is worn out, it’s time for a replacement.
Dishwasher breakdowns can’t be avoided. Avoid the hassle when your dishwasher is not working by having a Pride Home Warranty. All covered repairs or replacement with the only out of pocket is a low deductible starting at $60 dollars. GET A FREE QUOTE